Ground Turkey and Tomato Basil Zucchini Noodles is a delicious low carb meal with a delicious tomato sauce packed with ground turkey.
This time of year I am usually on candy overload so I like to make lots of clean meals to balance out all of the sugar and sweets. Veggie pasta dishes are one of my favorite things to make since you can pack in tons of veggies and lean protein to make a hearty, healthy, and filling meal. This recipe for Ground Turkey and Tomato Basil Zucchini Noodles is one I reach for often since it's easy to make and you can easily adapt it to use any veggies and meat you have at home.
The sauce it really the star of this dish and you won't believe how much flavor you can get in just 25 minutes on the stove. Make sure to choose a flavorful crushed tomato, I almost always buy San Marzano, so the sauce has lots of flavor and don't skip the Worcestershire sauce since it adds a ton of umami flavor to the dish. Top with Parmesan, ricotta, or mozzarella for one yummy, veggie filled dinner.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Ground Turkey and Tomato Basil Zucchini Noodles
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U zucchini, cut into noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 U onion, minced
- 1 U carrot, minced
- 1.33 lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 20 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (coconut aminos for Whole30)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 tbsp. Parmesan cheese (leave out for Whole30)
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, make the zucchini noodles.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes until becoming translucent. Add the turkey and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire, paprika, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile saute the zucchini noodles in the remaining olive oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain any excess liquid.
- Serve with the sauce and 1.5 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese per serving and chopped basil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.