Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is the most delicious cauliflower roasted in the oven with garlic, onion, thyme, and plenty of Parmesan cheese. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is the best way to make cauliflower. It's roasted in the oven with garlic and onion until it is tender and caramelized and then covered nutty Parmesan cheese. It really coudn't be any better.
I have always had a soft spot for cauliflower and it ranks up there as one of my favorite veggies. As an avid cauliflower lover, I have cooked it a million different ways but roasted is by far the best method for cooking cauliflower in my opinion. The roasting brings out an almost nutty flavor in the cauliflower and if you are patient enough to let it get nice and brown on the edges, you are in for something special.
This version takes things over the top with garlic, onions, thyme, and plenty of Parmesan cheese. Everything is roasted together on a sheet pan and after everything gets tender and the cauliflower caramelizes, its a side dish you will want to make all the time. It's easy enough that you can make it for a low key weeknight dinner but also feels fancy enough for a special occassion or holiday.
Here are some things to keep in mind when making this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- It's easy to want to rush the process when cooking this dish but you really want to give the cauliflower time to caramelize and brown. Be patient and let it do its thing in the oven to get the best results,
- Feel free to switch up the onions you use in the dish to create a slightly different flavor profile. Although I used traditional yellow onions, sweet onions or red onions also work really well and add a slightly different flavor.
- You can use just about any herbs you like in the dish so don't feel limited to thyme. Rosemary, oregano, or a combination of herbs all turn out delicious and fresh herbs are definitely delicious. Sometimes I also add a touch of red pepper flakes as well to add just a touch of spice.
- Since the garlic roasted in the peel, you can gently squeeze it out afterward and spread it on some warm bread for the most delicious bite. Roasted garlic is pretty much the best thing.
- This basic recipe would work with large cauliflower steaks as well, just plan on 10-15 minutes of extra roasting time. Flip them halfway through so they can get nice and browned on both sides.
Looking for more cauliflower recipes?
- The Best Mashed Cauliflower
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Stir Fried Sriracha Cauliflower and Edamame
- Curried Cauliflower and Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
Here are some of the tools and products I used when preparing this recipe:
- Cauliflower Prep Tool: Personally I usually just use a knife to break down my cauliflower but I have three friends who swear by this cauliflower prep tool. They absolutely love it and for just $8 I am seriously thinking about giving it a try.
- Baking sheet: There are so many options out there but I have been using this brand for years and find they hold up really well.
- Heavy duty aluminum foil: There is nothing I hate more than when I cover a baking sheet in foil for easy clean up only to find out the foil has ripped or leaked during cooking. After trying lots of different foils, I almost always use this heavy duty one and it never leaks on me.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Cover a large baking sheet with foil. Toss the cauliflower, onions, and garlic with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast for 25 minutes, shaking the pan 1-2 times during cooking. Open adn sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes until browned and cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.