One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta that's lightened up and has less than half the calories of the restaurant version. Packed with hearty mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and garlic, this is a pasta dish you will want to make again and again.
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta takes less than thirty minutes to make and is serious comfort food. I mean what is better than a bowl full of cheesy, garlicky pasta topped with mushrooms that has only 300 calories and 9 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
As a kid my father used to make the most amazing mushrooms. My sister and I would fight over them. His method was simple - a cast iron pan and lots of butter. Unfortunately I now live in a house where mushrooms are the enemy. As much as I love them, my husband despises them. And even though he doesn't mind if I cook them, I find myself not including them in many dishes since they just aren't his thing. However when he isn't around for dinner, you better be sure I am pulling out all the mushrooms.
So when my husband had dinner plans out of the hosue last week, I couldn't wait to make this dreamy pasta dish. It's all cooked in one pot, which means minimal clean up. This is very important for a night home along since it means more time for Netflix and wine. Then there is the amazing creamy Parmesan sauce. It's almost a fake out sauce since most of the creaminess actually comes from cooking the pasta in just enough vegetable broth. This creates a thick and creamy sauce that needs just a touch of half and half to take it over the top. Then the Parmesan finishes things off. Believe me you will want to make this all the time.
Grab some fancy mushrooms to make it dinner party worthy, add some white beans or chickpeas for protein, top it off with some grilled chicken or shrimp, or add extra veggies. It's a versatile recipe and one I am sure you will love.
Looking for more one pot pasta dishes?
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
One Pot Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. grill seasoning
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 8 oz. high fiber pasta (break spaghetti or linguine in half)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until mushrooms are becoming tender. Stir often so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and simmer for 12-15 minutes until pasta is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid. Stir as needed, especially as the liquid is absorbed more. Add extra liquid if needed.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.