You will love everything about healthier One Pot Creamy Mushroom Rice and no one will ever believe it isn't filled with heavy cream and butter.
I have pretty much loved anything involving mushrooms since I was a little kid. It all started with my father who used to cook the most incredible mushrooms in butter in a cast iron skillet. They would come up browned, covered in butter, and insanely delicious. My sister and I always fought for the last bite. Since then I have loved pretty much anything with mushrooms and this One Pot Creamy Mushroom Rice is quickly jumping to the top of the list. By cooking the rice with the mushrooms, garlic, onion, and vegetable broth - it creates a creamy texture that makes it almost like a risotto. Then with the addition of some reduced fat cream cheese, the creaminess factor is taken up a notch for a really delicious meatless main or side dish.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U onion, diced
- 1 pound baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.