A veggie packed Stovetop Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna that is surprisingly light and healthy for a typically heavy Italian meal. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
This easy stovetop Lasagna with spinach and mushrooms is so much easier to make, making it perfect for busy weeknights!
Now let's talk about this stovetop lasagna. It's packed with all the wonderful flavors of a traditional lasagna but without all the extra steps and pans. Everything is cooked in the same pan and is ready in about 35 minutes. No boiling noodles in one pan, cooking veggies in another pan, assembling everything in yet another pan, and spending time painstakingly spreading out each individual layer. Instead, you just create quick layers in the pan with no-boil noodles, veggies, cheese, and sauce. Then everything cooks on the stovetop for about 20 minutes and is finished in the oven to ensure a cheesy top layer.
To keep things on the lighter side, I decided to pack this lasagna with veggies using spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini but you could really use any veggies you like. I have made it with butternut squash and kale, eggplant and mushrooms, and zucchini and summer squash, all with great results. And if you are craving some meat in your lasagna, you can always add that as well. Just make sure to brown it first and look for a healthier option like 95% ground beef, ground chicken, or ground lean turkey sausage.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- Dry out different vegetables to make it exactly what your family will love. Some favorites include zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, kale, or cauliflower.
- Add protein with a layer of browned ground turkey, ground beef, ground sausage, or sliced chicken sausage.
- Make it spicy by adding some red pepper flakes to the dish.
- If you prefer your lasagna with cottage cheese, simply swap that in for the ricotta cheese.
- Try topping the lasagna with fresh mozzarella instead of shredded for a slightly different flavor.
Stovetop Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1.5 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 U egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 28 oz canned tomato sauce
- 12 U no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Cover the bottom of the skillet with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Add one third of the lasagna noodles to the bottom of the skillet, breaking them up as needed. Then cover with one third of the veggies and ricotta cheese mixture. You can spread it out with a spoon or just add dollops of the cheese. Sprinkle with one third of the mozzarella. Cover with one third of sauce. Repeat to create three layers.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.