A veggie packed Stovetop Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna that is surprisingly light and healthy for a typically heavy Italian meal.
This post is brought to you by Lagostina but all opinions are 100% my own.
Before we get into today's recipe, I have to tell you about the amazing Lagostina Nera Nonstick 5-Qt. Casserole with Lid we are giving away today. For a long time, I have been in search of a pan that could go from stovetop to the oven and was large enough to make a meal for a lot of people. And I finally found it. This Lagostina Nera Casserole Pan does all that and more and it's making all my stove-top casserole dreams come true. Plus it's non-stick, dishwasher safe, and has a beautiful hammered stainless steel lid that is perfect for entertaining. And today we are giving one away! Don't miss out on entering below.
Now let's talk about this stovetop lasagna. It's packed with all the wonderful flavors of a traditional lasagna but without all the extra steps and pans. Everything is cooked in the same pan and is ready in about 35 minutes. No boiling noodles in one pan, cooking veggies in another pan, assembling everything in yet another pan, and spending time painstakingly spreading out each individual layer. Instead you just create quick layers in the pan with no-boil noodles, veggies, cheese, and sauce. Then everything cooks on the stovetop for about 20 minutes and is finished in the oven to ensure a cheesy top layer.
To keep things on the lighter side, I decided to pack this lasagna with veggies using spinach, mushrooms, and zucchini but you could really use any veggies you like. I have made it with butternut squash and kale, eggplant and mushrooms, and zucchini and summer squash, all with great results. And if you are craving some meat in your lasagna, you can always add that as well. Just make sure to brown it first and look for a healthier option like 95% ground beef, ground chicken, or ground lean turkey sausage.
Now let's get to the giveaway! To enter to win your very own Lagostina Nera Nonstick 5-Qt. Casserole with Lid, just leave a comment on the post sharing what you would most like to make in this amazing pan. Ready to buy your own? They are available at Macy's.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Stovetop Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1.5 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 U egg
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 28 oz canned tomato sauce
- 12 U no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, spinach, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minute, stirring occasionally. Drain out any excess moisture. Cover and cook (directly on the stove top) for 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. You could also add some red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of the skillet with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Add one third of the lasagna noodles to the bottom of the skillet, breaking them up as needed. Then cover with one third of the veggies and ricotta cheese mixture. You can spread it out with a spoon or just add dollops of the cheese. Sprinkle with one third of the mozzarella. Cover with one third of sauce. Repeat to create three layers.
- Cover and cook on medium low for 20-25 minutes.
- If desired, place in the oven under the broiler to brown the cheese.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.