It can be hard to eat salads in the winter, at least for me. All I want to reach for is rich, warm foods that stick to your ribs. I blame evolution. My body hasn’t caught up to modern technology and wants to pack on the pounds to survive the winter cold. That must why lately I just want to eat cookies and hot chocolate for dinner, right?
Anyway, what this means is that I need my salads to be extra tasty and a bit special this time of year, and today’s salad is just that. The cauliflower is roasted until just tender with za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice blend made with thyme and sesame. Then the whole salad is dressed with a delicious, easy dressing made with tahini (sesame paste) and honey. Delicious and special enough for a holiday dinner.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Roasted Cauliflower and Pomegranate Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp za’atar (your favorite spice blend)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (raw or lightly blanched)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cauliflower wit the olive oil and Za’atar. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is soft but still has some crunch.
- Meanwhile whisk together the tahini, honey, lemon, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Let cauliflower cool slightly and toss together everything together with the dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.