Something special happens when corn, cheese, and bacon come together especially when it happens and is still only 3 points plus. It’s a happy world when I can eat these three things and still not be scared to put on a bathing suit. This recipe is inspired by a classic Southern Corn and Bacon Pie, but to save calories I eliminated the crust and use skim milk instead of half and half. It still tastes rich and decadent with the bacon and the cheese and no one will ever believe it’s healthy. Serve up with a little salad and it makes a perfect meal. If you decide to add a crust, I would recommend one with cornmeal that would be delicious. Like a little spice? Replace the red pepper with a poblano.
Crustless Corn and Bacon Pie
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U pieces bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 U small onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 U ears corn, cut off the cob
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 U eggs
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded (about 2 oz)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.