Over the weekend there was a lot of football watching and wing eating going on in these parts. But having vowed to stay away from fried foods for the month of January, I knew I needed a yummy alternative for when the wings showed up so I decided to make these delicious and incredibly simple Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes. The recipe really couldn't be easier - ground chicken, carrots, celery, buffalo sauce, and some spices - but stuffed into a sandwich with some ranch slaw and it makes one satisfying meal.
Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 U onion, diced
- 2 U celery ribs, chopped
- 2 U carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.