The best crispy Baked Carrot Fries are a healthy alternative to traditional fries made with thinly sliced carrots! They are easy, kids love them, and they are a great way to sneak in extra veggies.
These simple carrot fries are a crunchy snack packed with heart-healthy vitamins. They make a great substitution for a bag of greasy, high-carb chips! With this carrot fries recipe, learn some more oven-roasting tips to make the perfect batch of "fries".
It seems that everyone is trying to figure out more ways to incorporate vegetables into their daily menu around this time of year. So, why not swap out your favorite potato fries for these simple crunchy carrot fries?
These carrot fries are baked until they are nice and tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside. I tend to just season them with salt and pepper, but any seasoning would work. They are really good with some rosemary or thyme!
I also love using rainbow carrots because they turn out really beautiful. The kids love them!
Key Ingredients For Carrot Fries
You only need a few easy ingredients to make your own alternative to French fries. Here's what you'll need:
- Carrots: Use the largest carrots you can find. This way, you have more control over the size of the fries that you slice. The larger the carrot, the longer the fries will be!
- Olive Oil: I prefer to use extra virgin olive oil when I bake or roast vegetables. It's ok to use avocado oil instead of olive oil - both work just as well.
- Spices: Simple salt and pepper are all you need to make this recipe! Of course, you can have fun with extra herbs, so use your favorite ones.
Note: For a complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to make these carrot fries, take a look at the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post!
What To Serve With This Carrot Fries Recipe
These have the same texture as french fries, so eat them with the same kinds of foods. In fact, the taste goes perfectly with spicy jalapeno popper burgers! They are crispy and taste just like French fries. You can also serve them with blackened salmon if you want something with a lighter taste.
Don't forget about a salad! In fact, I love the grilled plum salad with these carrot fries. The combination tastes out of this world!
Recipe Tips And Ideas For Roasted Carrot Fries
Follow these tips to make sure that this fries recipe turns out crispy every single time!
- Flip the carrots halfway through roasting to make sure they bake evenly.
- Cut all the carrot fries the same size. Otherwise, some of the fries will burn, and some won't even be cooked through.
- For crispier carrot fries, bake for 5-10 minutes longer. Check on them frequently and pull them out when they reach your desired level of crispiness.
- Cut the carrot fries bigger than you think you want because they shrink as they roast.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet before you put the fries on them. This will make clean-up more manageable, and the carrots won't stick to your baking sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions About Baked Carrot Fries
Here are some questions I frequently get asked about by some readers…
Carrots are so incredibly good for you! And, all this nutrition remains in the carrots even if you bake or roast them.
Carrots are full of beta carotene and a fantastic source of fiber, vitamin A and are linked to lowering cholesterol.
The best way to store leftover carrot fries is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
One thing you should know is that the longer they stay in the refrigerator, the softer they will become. To crisp them back up, just put them in the oven and broil them for about 5 minutes.
Honestly, I prefer to just eat them fresh. I think they have the best taste and texture right out of the oven.
One of the most popular spices to add to carrot fries is garlic powder. Other people love to sprinkle some paprika on top because it makes them taste a little spicier. A few of my other favorite spices for them are rosemary, thyme, and herbs de Provence.
If you want a delightful crunch, then sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese on top of them too.
The process for making them in the air fryer is basically the same as baking them in the oven.
- Preheat the air fryer to 450 degrees F.
- Then, place the carrot fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, shaking the air fryer basket after about 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.