While I almost always pair basil with lemon juice, lately I have been loving using lime juice instead to mix things up. Something about the tart, slightly sweet lime juice with the earthy, herbal basil really works whether it’s in simple salads, dressings and sauces, or a dish like today’s basil lime grilled chicken. The marinade is incredibly simple, just a quick combination of lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper but it adds great flavor to the chicken. And as you may have guessed, this makes delicious leftovers. I especially love it in chicken salad for sandwiches and wraps.
Grilled Basil Lime Chicken Breast
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 U lime, juice and zest (or 2 for more lime flavor)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.