While I almost always pair basil with lemon juice, lately I have been loving using lime juice instead to mix things up. Something about the tart, slightly sweet lime juice with the earthy, herbal basil really works whether it’s in simple salads, dressings and sauces, or a dish like today’s basil lime grilled chicken. The marinade is incredibly simple, just a quick combination of lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper but it adds great flavor to the chicken. And as you may have guessed, this makes delicious leftovers. I especially love it in chicken salad for sandwiches and wraps.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Basil Lime Chicken Breast
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Pound the chicken breasts lightly to uniform thickness. This will help them grill evenly.
- Marinate the chicken in the lime juice, olive oil, vinegar, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through.
- Skillet: Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.