Sunday Slow Cooker: Italian Meatballs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U egg
- 1 U egg white
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (leave out for low carb)
- 1 U small onion, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 6 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 U bay leaf
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
In a saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the remaining onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning. Stir for 30 seconds and add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.