- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 1/4 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 28 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 U onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 U egg
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 U bay leaf
- 2 U chipotle peppers in adobo
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Once the onions and garlic become tender, add the tomato sauce, a bay leaf, salt, pepper, and slowly add in the chipotle puree tasting along the way until it reaches your desired spice level. Set aside the remaining puree to add as a salsa for the tacos or over the rice to add some additional heat if desired. Let the sauce simmer.
Drop the meatballs in the simmering tomato sauce and let simmer for between 30-45 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Serve in corn tortillas or over rice with some chopped onions, cilantro, and additional chipotle puree if desired. These can also be a great party appetizer and taste even better the next day.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.