Rajas Con Queso
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 U poblano peppers (about 2 lbs.)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 U ears corn, cut off the cob
- 1 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 U white onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat your oven’s broiler. Lay the Poblano peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet.
Place the pan under the broiler and broil until most of the skin is black. Flip the chilies over and repeat on the other side. It will take between 5-7 minutes per side.
Then place the roasted chilies into a large Ziploc bag. Let rest for about 20 minutes. Then peel off the skin, remove the seeds, and slice.
Meanwhile add 1 tsp. oil and cooking spray to a pot over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook for ten minutes until they began to become translucent. Add the corn and poblano peppers cook for an additional seven minutes until everything is soft.
Stir in the sour cream, chicken bouillon, cheese, and milk. Turn off the heat and continue to stir until everything is melted and creamy. Taste and season if needed. Serve in tortillas, over rice, on baked potatoes, or in any number of ways.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.