Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa makes the most amazing and authentic Mexican tacos and they are good for you with just 250 calories per serving. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 1/2 lb extra lean top round beef roast
- 5 U cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 U chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (or beef broth)
Blend the chipotles, chicken broth, cumin, oregano, onion, garlic, and lime juice in a blender to create the sauce.
Cut the beef into 2-3 large pieces, trimmed of the fat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add to the crockpot. Pour the sauce over the beef.
Cook for 6 hours. Shred with a fork or chop into pieces. Cook an additional 10-20 minutes in the sauce to let the flavors combine. Enjoy!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.