Slow Cooker Sunday: Shredded Beef Tacos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, boiling
- 2 U dried ancho chili peppers, seeded
- 2 U dried guajillo chili peppers, seeded
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1 U onion
- 4 tbsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 lbs. extra lean top round roast
- Salt and pepper
Pour the boiling stock over the dried chiles. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
Add the dried chiles and stock to a blender with the garlic, onion, chipotles, oregano, coriander, and cumin. Blend until smooth. If you are sensitive to spice, I recommend adding one chile pepper at a time and tasting throughout.
Season the beef with salt and pepper. Place in the slow cooker and cover with sauce.
Cook on low for 8 hours and shred.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.