One of my favorite Mexican dishes is Birria de Res, a stewed spicy beef dish made with dried chiles. Normally it is only served on weekend and sometimes made with beef, goat, or lamb. Serve it up in tortillas, burritos, burrito bowls, or even stuffed in sandwiches for a delicious meal.
Sunday Slow Cooker: Birria de Res
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb extra lean top round beef roast
- 3 U dried guajillo peppers
- 2 U dried pasilla chiles
- 2 U dried ancho chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 U tomatoes, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.