There is nothing better than a warm, spicy bowl of green chicken pozole on a cold night and this is possibly one of my all time favorite soups. After having a delicious, but definitely not weight watchers friendly pork version, at my favorite Mexican restaurant I had to find a way to make this at home without ruining my diet.
Green Chicken Pozole
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 U poblano peppers (seeded if you don’t want it too spicy)
- 2 U jalapenos seeded
- 1 lb tomatillos
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 U bunch cilantro
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 45 oz canned hominy
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
You can use the following as garnish:
- Shredded cabbage
- Queso fresco (add 1 point per tablespoon)
- Baked corn tortilla (add 1 point for every 2 small corn tortillas)
- Avocado (add 2 points for a quarter avocado)
- Chopped onion
- Chopped jalapenos (if you want more heat)
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.