Healthy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas packed with lean ground chicken, carrots, celery, cheese, and buffalo sauce is a deliciously simple recipe for only 316 calories. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
These Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas may just be my new favorite lunch. These cheesy, buffalo chicken packed quesadillas are addictive and something you will want to make over and over again. You may also want to try these Healthy Chicken Quesadillas and easy Freezer Friendly Breakfast Quesadillas.
True story, I will eat almost anything covered in buffalo sauce. It seriously makes everything taste delicious and a bit naughty since we usually associate buffalo sauce with high calorie treats like wings and fries. Luckily, buffalo sauce itself is surprisingly low in calories (when you don't mix it with a pound of butter), so it's a great way to add flavor to your recipes.
Today's simple recipe capitalizes on all that flavor to make a delicious quesadilla. Buffalo chicken, carrots, celery, and cheese are all folded into a low carb wrap (or flour tortilla) and cooked up until it's nice and crispy. They are loaded with buffalo flavor, melted cheese, and everything you want in a quesadilla. Plus they are full of veggies. You could even add more, and I bet no one would notice. Shredded zucchini or cauliflower rice would be awesome.
And to top things off and get all that buffalo chicken flavor, you will probably want to serve it with some light ranch or blue cheese on the side for dipping. You could even add a pack of ranch seasoning right to the chicken to really kick up that buffalo ranch combo that is so good.
Recipe Ideas for Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- Although I usually reach for mozzarella or cheddar cheese, blue cheese is such a delicious addition to this quesadilla. Since I still want some ooey-gooey cheese, I replace half with blue cheese. So good.
- Needless to say, you will probably want to dip this in something. I recommend using a light ranch or blue cheese dressing. Consider this healthy homemade ranch and blue cheese dressing.
- If you don't eat chicken, you can make this with chickpeas instead. It turns out really tasty and even the meat eaters love it.
- When it comes to the tortilla, it's up to you. For the lowest calorie option, I usually look for a low carb tortilla or wrap. You can also use a traditional flour tortilla, whole wheat tortilla, or make a couple of smaller quesadillas with corn tortillas.
- This filling is great for more than quesadillas. Make it into a sandwich with some slaw, stuff it into lettuce wraps, or even make a flatbread pizza. The options are endless.
- Although I made this with ground chicken, you could also use shredded chicken breast or lean ground turkey.
Could I make this on a sheet pan and bake them in the oven?
Sheet pan quesadillas are starting to pop up everything and for good reason. Instead of having to cook up multiple quesadillas, you can cook them all at the same time. Here's how to do it! Start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Then follow the instructions below to cook the chicken and assemble the quesadillas. Then simply place them on a baking sheet, spray the tops with cooking spray, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Flip them over halfway through cooking. Problem solved! All your quesadillas are ready at the same time.
Can I meal prep buffalo chicken quesadillas?
Since these are saucy quesadillas, they aren't the best for meal prep. However, there is one work around. Make the buffalo chicken mixture so it is ready to go and you don't have to worry about cooking the chicken when meal time comes around. Then just add the cheese and make your quesadilla right before serving. This will save you about 15 minutes of prep and cook time.
What is buffalo sauce?
The most delicious thing ever! If you are new to buffalo sauce, it's the orange spicy sauce you typically see on buffalo wings. There are lots of brands that make buffalo wing sauce but the most popular is Frank's. You can find it in your local grocery store. Usually it is wit the barbecue sauce and marinades. There are varying degrees of spiciness so choose mild, medium, or hot depending on what you like.
Looking for more healthy buffalo chicken recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground chicken (or shredded chicken breasts)
- 2 U carrots, diced
- 2 U celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (like Frank's)
- 4 U low carb wraps
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro
Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken, celery, and carrots. Cook for 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and buffalo sauce.
Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the buffalo sauce and stir together.
To assemble quesadillas, lay out each wrap and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on half of the wrap. Top with chicken mixture and 2 more tablespoons cheese.
Fold and heat in a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray until cheese melts. Flip and continue cooking on other side until wrap gets crispy.
Flip and continue cooking on other side until wrap gets crispy. Serve with extra buffalo sauce drizzled on top and ranch or blue cheese for dipping.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.