This easy Mexican Quinoa, Black Bean, and Corn Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing makes the perfect healthy lunch or dinner.
During hot summer months, I am constantly making batches of salads to have for quick and easy healthy lunches and dinners and this Mexican inspired salad with quinoa, black beans, corn, and a creamy citrus avocado dressing is at the top of the list. The dressing is creamy from the avocado, slightly spicy from the ancho chili powder, and just sweet enough from the orange juice and honey. Then paired with the hearty quinoa, earthy black beans, and sweet summer corn - it makes one delicious salad. When I am really hungry I add some grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, or tofu to the mix as well for some extra protein.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Mexican Quinoa, Black Bean, and Corn Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1.5 cups canned black beans
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup corn (canned or fresh, I roasted mine)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 U orange, segmented
- 1 U avocado
- 1 U lime, juice
- 1 U orange, juice
- 1 tsp. honey (or agave for vegan)
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp. water (more or less as needed)
- Add the avocado, orange juice, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro to a food processor. If the dressing is too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time, until it is easy to pour. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the mixed greens, quinoa, beans, corn, orange segments, and cilantro with dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.