Buffalo Chicken Celery Bites stuffed with a light buffalo chicken salad with topped with ranch or blue cheese make the perfect healthy appetizer or snack with under 100 calories for four bites. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
These healthy Buffalo Chicken Celery Bites are my new favorite snack. They are light, healthy, full of protein, and low in carbs and calories. Plus they come together in under 10 minutes and work for low carb, keto, paleo, and healthy diets.
These are the ultimate snack for anyone who loves buffalo chicken. They have all the buffalo chicken flavor packed into a crunchy celery stick and topped with either ranch or blue cheese. Yum. Plus they are good for you!
Seriously you will want to make these for lunch, for your next party, for girls night snacks, for everything! They are such a great way to enjoy all the flavors of buffalo chicken.
We have a serious obsession with buffalo sauce in our home so obviously over the weekend, we needed some amazing buffalo flavored snacks for football watching. This year instead of making baked wings or buffalo chicken sloppy joes like I normally do, I wanted a recipe that was more of a snack or appetizer. And I needed something I could prep ahead of time.
That's when it occurred to me to stuff buffalo chicken into the celery sticks it is usually served with. I make buffalo chicken salad all the time, so this was easy. I just whipped up a batch of the buffalo chicken salad and stuffed it into the celery. Under 10 minutes using a rotisserie chicken and so so good.
Now depending on your diet and preferences, you can make this recipe a few different ways. For those people on Weight Watchers or wanting the healthiest/lowest calorie/lowest point option, you will want to make it with nonfat Greek yogurt.
If you follow a Paleo, Whole30 diet, or prefer the richness of mayo, you can make it with a compliant mayonnaise. For a fun twist, you can also make it with cream cheese. The cream cheese and mayo option will both work with a low carb or Keto diet.
Tips for Customizing these Buffalo Chicken Celery Bites
- For the creamy element, you can use Greek yogurt, mayo, cream cheese, or any combination of those three. Greek yogurt is the lightest and healthiest choice but it's pretty dang delicious with cream cheese. It's also 0 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints with made with nonfat Greek yogurt.
- You can top the buffalo chicken bites with ranch, crumbled blue cheese, or blue cheese dressing. They are also delicious with some diced carrots or green onions on top for a healthier option.
- The chicken salad can be made ahead of time and you can stuff the celery about an hour before you want to serve them, perhaps even a little longer.
- If you aren't a huge fan of celery, you can serve this in hollowed out cucumbers, zucchini, lettuce wraps, or tomatoes. For a party, serve them on endive leaves, cucumber slices, apple slices, or baked chips.
How to make buffalo chicken salad?
The base of this recipe is a delicious buffalo chicken salad. It starts with cooked chicken. You can use rotisserie chicken for a quick option or can cook your own chicken breast. Once the chicken is cool, chop or shred it into smaller pieces. Next, it is time to make the sauce. Start with a base of Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayo, or softened cream cheese. You can also combine a few of these items. Season this with garlic powder and onion powder. Then add buffalo sauce. Frank's is my favorite option for buffalo wing sauce.
Looking for more healthy buffalo chicken recipes?
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Buffalo Chicken Celery Bites
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
Mix together the chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and either Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, or cream cheese, and buffalo sauce. You can also use a combination of Greek yogurt and either mayo or cream cheese for a richer flavor that's still light.
Cut the celery ribs into thirds. Stuff with buffalo chicken. Top with blue cheese or ranch dressing.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.