Shrimp Scampi Flatbread is a lightened up, healthier way to enjoy shrimp scampi on a pizza! Packed with lemony shrimp, garlic, and cheese. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Shrimp Scampi Flatbread will be your go-to dish this summer and is packed with all the amazing flavors of shrimp scampi but on a pizza!
Lemony shrimp, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, garlic butter, and a simple arugula salad all piled up on a flatbread is my idea of perfection! It's one of those dishes that you can make for a weeknight dinner, casual party, or special occasion and everyone will be happy. I mean it's basically shrimp scampi on a pizza - there aren't too many things that taste better. Plus it couldn't be easier to make and is grilled, making it perfect for summer.
Speaking of summer, I am counting down the days until I jump on a plane and head back to East to spend the month of July with all of my favorite people. My family is spread out across the country but every summer we descend on my parent's house and pack a year's worth of memories into just one month.
There are lazy summer days at the beach and virtually every night is spent on my parent's deck with what can only be described as obscene amounts of food and drinks. It's amazing to say the least and I already know that this grilled Shrimp Scampi Flatbread will be making multiple appearances as a delicious app and light dinner.
Now when it comes to making this flatbread, there are a few things that are really important. First, let's talk about the flatbread. You need to start with a really delicious base and the Flatout Spicy Italian Artisan Thin Crust Pizza is the perfect thing. The Italian spices add just the right amount of heat and with just 130 calories per flatbread, it keeps everything light and healthy.
It's also nice and thin so you can really taste the ingredients on the flatbread, which is important. You don't want to just taste bread. And did I mention it's ready in just 6 minutes! Love it. We have been using them constantly lately to make pizzas and flatbreads. Let's just say we are obsessed. #flatoutlove
Once you have the right flatbread, the next thing to think about is the shrimp. I think it's worth it to splurge on larger shrimp, 15-20 count, for this recipe since the shrimp is the star and you want it to stand out in both taste and appearance. However, smaller shrimp will work, just marinate them for less time so the lemon flavor doesn't overpower everything else. Lastly, since this is shrimp scampi, don't be afraid to really go for it with the garlic. In my opinion, there is never too much garlic.
Tips and Tricks for making this Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
- If you don't like shrimp, this is delicious with chicken breast as well. Just cut the chicken into cubes, marinate it in the same mixture, and grill it. Since we always have at least one person who doesn't eat seafood, I usually plan on making at least a couple with chicken so everyone is happy.
- For a vegetarian version, replace the shrimp with grilled veggies. Artichokes, zucchini, red peppers, eggplant, and summer squash are some of my favorites to use.
- If you aren't one for spice, then use the Rosemary & Olive Oil or Rustic White Artisan Thin Crust Pizzas instead. For a lower carb version, you could use the Flatout Light flatbreads as well.
- If you like things spicy, you will definitely want to add some red pepper flakes to the pizza as well.
- This recipe turns out great in the oven, on a grill pan, or outside on a grill. Since shrimp is small, it can be helpful to use a grill basket when cooking the shrimp on an outdoor grill. You could also use aluminum foil or thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- To quickly defrost frozen shrimp, place the shrimp in a bowl filled with cold water in the sink. Leave the cold water on a small amount, so it slowly drips into the bowl. Let the shrimp defrost like this for 15 minutes or until fully defrosted. Dry with a kitchen towel.
This post is brought to you by our friends at Flatout Flatbread but all opinions are 100% mine. Flatout Flatbreads are in the deli/bakery section of most major grocery stores, if you can’t find us, just ask or visit FlatoutFinder.comto find a store near you.
Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup shallots, sliced thin
- 2 U Flatout Spicy Italian Flatbread
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.