This Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake is made with natural ingredients and ready in less than 5 minutes for under 150 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smartpoints. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
A Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter made with ingredients you probably already have at home for a healthy, delicious dessert that is ready in less than five minutes.
When dessert cravings hit, I've got you covered with this amazing microwave chocolate and peanut butter cake. It is made with just 8 ingredients and you can have a warm, freshly "baked" chocolate cake in less than five minutes. It's the perfect light and healthy way to satisfy your sugar craving, and only has one teaspoon of agave syrup for the whole recipe. And with under 150 calories per cake, it truly is the definition of a guilt-free dessert.
I am sure many of you have heard of the 3-2-1 cakes that use a combination of cake mix and water to create a simple microwave cake that is ready in one minute in the microwave. The only problem? Cake mix can contain some pretty funky ingredients and lots of things I can't pronounce. Plus I have found that many of them contain tons of sugar, something I am trying to limit these days.
Did you know? Since these 3-2-1 cakes became super popular, Weight Watchers decide to create their own 3 point version. And although it tasted pretty great, unfortunately, we run into the same problem. Here's what inside
- Ingredients: enriched self-rising flour [enriched bleached wheat flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), salt, baking powder, calcium sulfate, enzyme], cocoa processed with alkali, corn fiber, canola oil, egg, baking powder, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sucralose, acesulfame potassium.
I don't know about you, but that's a lot of things I don't recognize. On top of that, I don't really like artificial sweeteners since they give me a headache. This homemade version uses more natural ingredients. You can always substitute peanut butter for the peanut butter powder if you like. I also sometimes throw in a mashed banana for extra sweetness and moisture.
Tips for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Make sure to spray the mug with cooking spray before making this. It will stick and be really hard to clean if you skip this step.
- If you don't want to use powdered peanut butter, you could also use real or reduced fat peanut butter. Almond butter and cashew butter would also work.
- If you don't like the flavor of agave or don't have it at home, you can use pure maple syrup or honey instead.
- Leave out the chocolate to make a peanut butter and vanilla cake.
- For some extra sweetness add 1/2-1 mashed banana to the mix. It will make the cake really moist and add tons of natural sweetness.
- Don't be afraid of mix-ins! Try adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or fresh fruit.
- The first few times you make this recipe, you will want to keep a close eye on the microwave. Microwave vary greatly and some microwaves may cook much faster than others.
- If you want to add some extra nutritional value, consider adding a teaspoon of chia seeds or flaxseed meal.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
Coat the inside of a 10 - 12 ounce microwave safe mug with cooking spray. In a small bowl stir together all ingredients until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared mug. Microwave on high for 60 to 90 seconds or until done in the center. Serve warm. (Mine was done in 80 seconds. Time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave.) Enjoy it just as it is, or personalize your mug cake with toppings such as powdered sugar, sprinkles, whipped cream and/or sliced fruit. Just remember that adding certain toppings may increase the SmartPoints value.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.