This Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake is made with natural ingredients and ready in less than 5 minutes.
A Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter made with ingredients you probably already have at home for a healthy, delicious dessert that is ready in less than five minutes.
When dessert cravings hit, I've got you covered with this amazing microwave chocolate and peanut butter cake. It is made with just 4 ingredients and you can have a warm, freshly "baked" chocolate cake in less than five minutes.
It's the perfect healthy way to satisfy your sugar craving, and use only natural sugar from bananas.;
I am sure many of you have heard of the 3-2-1 cakes that use a combination of cake mix and water to create a simple microwave cake that is ready in one minute in the microwave. The only problem? Cake mix can contain some pretty funky ingredients and lots of things I can't pronounce. Plus I have found that many of them contain tons of sugar, something I am trying to limit these days.
This homemade version uses more natural ingredients. You can always substitute peanut butter for peanut butter powder if you like. I also sometimes throw in a mashed banana for extra sweetness and moisture.
Looking for a healthier chocolate cake? Try this delicious healthy chocolate cake.
Tips for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Make sure to spray the mug with cooking spray before making this. It will stick and be really hard to clean if you skip this step.
- If you want to use powdered peanut butter, you could swap in PB2 or another powdered peanut butter.
- If you don't like the flavor of bananas, you could make this with applesauce, mashed butternut squash, or sweet potato. However you will need to add some sweetener.
- Don't be afraid of mix-ins! Try adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or fresh fruit.
- The first few times you make this recipe, you will want to keep a close eye on the microwave. Microwaves vary greatly and some microwaves may cook much faster than others.
- If you want to add some extra nutritional value, consider adding a teaspoon of chia seeds or flaxseeds.
Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Get in your Inbox
1 banana (very ripe)
2 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp chocolate chips
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
Switch to prevent your screen from going dark.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.