Quick Refried Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 U jalapeno pepper, diced
- 15 oz. canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet.
Add the onion, garlic, and peppers if you are using them. Cook for 4-5 minutes until onion begins to soften.
Add the beans and broth. Cook for about 5 minutes until beans are warm.
Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper. Mash the beans using a spoon or pulse in a food processor to your desired texture.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.