Grilled Turkey Lula Kebabs made with ground turkey, plenty of spices, and fresh parsley are the perfect healthy Mediterranean meal.
Grilled Turkey Lula Kebabs are packed with Mediterranean flavors and made on the grill or in the oven for a delicious and healthy meal.
We have a serious takeout habit from our favorite Mediterranean restaurant that almost always include chicken shawarma, lula kebabs, Israeli salad, hummus, and copious amounts of garlic sauce. It's a problem but one that I am trying to remedy by making some of our favorites at home. This week I started with our beloved lula kebabs but went with a version made with ground turkey instead of ground beef and lamb. Not only is it a healthier, it's also significantly much more affordable since ground lamb can be pretty pricey.
I was fairly intimidated when it came to the kebab making part since it seems like it would be difficult to get the ground meat to stay put during grilling. Turns out the key is refrigerating the kabobs before placing them on the grill. This not only gives everything some time to marinate and for the flavor to combine, it also ensures that the meat will firm up and stay in place.
Now when it comes to serving these delicious Turkey Lula Kebabs, you are going to want to have some tzatziki and Israeli salad around. The cucumber and garlic yogurt sauce is the perfect thing for dipping and Israeli salad is fresh and bright. We like to pile everything high into lightly grilled pitas but they are make a delicious salad for something lower in carbohydrates.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Turkey Lula Kebabs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Mix together all the ingredients until just combined. Try not to over mix to prevent the turkey from becoming tough.
- Gently press the meat around wooden skewers to create kabobs. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can shape the meat into meatballs or logs and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then gently thread them onto the kabobs.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until turkey is cooked through.
- To cook in the oven, broil for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.