Fajita Stuffed Zucchini with Pinto Beans are a light and healthy vegetarian meal packed with beans, fresh veggies, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
These Fajita Stuffed Zucchini with Pinto Beans are so tasty - packed with beans, peppers, onions, and lots of cheese.
This weekend we had a number of events and I definitely took advantage and used it as an excuse to over-indulge. I definitely went overboard on the cheese, crackers, birthday cake, and wine. So now that it's Monday, I am looking to lighten things up and pack in as many veggies as possible. Since a girl can only eat so many salads, these Fajita Stuffed Zucchini with Pinto Beans are the perfect alternative. Stuffed with pinto beans, peppers, red onion, and lots of spices - you get all the flavor of fajitas packed into a perfect little zucchini boat.
One quick note, the photo shows black beans since I ran out of pinto beans mid-recipe. You can use any type of bean you like, although my preference is pinto beans when I have them.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Fajita Stuffed Zucchini with Pinto Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U zucchini
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 20 oz. canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 U red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the pinto beans, onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in the spices and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the zucchini in half and scoop out some of the center using a spoon or melon baller to create the “boat.” Place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill the boats with the bean fajita mixture.
- Top each with cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes until cheese is bubbling and zucchini is tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.