videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 5 U zucchini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb 95% lean ground chicken (or chopped chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 U garlic clove, minced
- 14 oz canned diced Italian tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 400.
Slice the zucchini and scoop out the centers with a spoon to create a boat. Finely chop the zucchini you scooped out.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground chicken and onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink.
Add the garlic, chopped zucchini, diced tomatoes, basil, and oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
Place the zucchini in a baking dish. Fill with chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.