Say hello to your favorite new way to cook chicken thighs – the broiler!
Seriously, why did it take me so long to learn this easy and delicious trick to make juicy chicken thighs? They come out juicy and tender with just enough crisp and crunch on the outside. Perfect. And in under 15 minutes? That’s a kitchen win every time.
For today’s version (because I can almost certainly promise that this won’t be the last broiled chicken thigh recipe here), we are going to marinate the chicken in savory earthy Hoisin sauce, lime juice, a touch of sweet brown sugar, some rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and a touch of spice from my beloved Sriracha. You can leave that out if you don’t like spice. It’s still de-li-cious. Once that has a chance to do it’s thing overnight, we are going to pop these flavor bombs under the broiler for just 10-12 minutes and dinner is served. Easy. Delicious. Quick.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Broiled Asian Chicken Thighs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 U garlic clove, minced
- 1 U shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha (optional)
- Mix together the Hoisin, lime juice, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, shallot, ginger, and sesame oil. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least one hour, ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven on broil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and let excess marinade drip off. Place on a foil covered baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the broiler for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.