Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chickpeas with olives, roasted red peppers, onions, and garlic is a meatless meal that is packed with flavor and healthy.
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chickpeas is the perfect blend of flavors with olives, roasted red peppers, fresh lemon, and plenty of spices to create a hearty, satisfying meatless dish.
Lately I have been really embracing Mediterranean flavors, especially things like olives and roasted red peppers. I love the richness and depth they add to any recipe, especially vegetarian recipes that sometimes can use a little something extra. This simple recipe brings together all of these flavors in a simple, slow cooker dish that couldn't be more comforting. Served over couscous, rice, polenta, or even pasta - it's a meal you will want to make again and again.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chickpeas
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 30 oz. canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 U zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (or peppadew peppers)
- 1 cup olives (any kind)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. capers (optional)
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 U bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
- 1 U lemon (juice for serving)
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan over medium high heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes until tender.
- Add the onion, garlic, and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with fresh lemon juice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.