I have always been a huge fan of lettuce and cabbage wraps but was surprised to learn that many restauraurant versions are packed with unneccessary sugar. Luckily it isn't too hard to create your own at home and avoid all that added sugar. This version start with ground beef and then uses typical Thai flavors like lime juice and fish sauce. Although fish sauce may be a new ingredient for many, it adds incredible flavor to food despite it's horrible smell so I recommned giving it a try. If not, soy sauce will work just fine. Cilantro and cashews bring everything together but you could definitely add even more freshness with carrots, bean sprouts, or scallions.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1.33 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (substitute soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 U green cabbage
- 4 tbsp. cashews, chopped
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.