A simple and quick spicy Thai Red Coconut Curry with Chicken dish that is healthier and tastier than take-out.
When I am short on time, curry is one of the first things I think about making since it comes together in minutes but tastes like it has been cooking all day. The secret, of course, is in the curry paste. I am lucky to live in a large city with a substantial Thai population so I normally buy homemade curry pastes, but there are some pretty great supermarket options as well. And with a few simple tricks, you can elevate any store bought curry paste into a rich, creamy, delicious dinner that is as good as any take-out curry. Allit takes is adding some extra garlic, ginger, shallots, brown sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce.
This recipe is meant to serve as a base recipe, so plan on adding in your favorite veggies. You can also substitute in tofu or shrimp for the chicken.
Thai Red Coconut Curry with Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 U shallot, diced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (or Stevia to taste for low carb)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. fish sauce (or soy sauce, adjust to taste)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.