I have fond memories of going to our favorite local Italian restaurant as a kid and loving, like seriously loving, the shrimp scampi they served. Unfortunately for my parents, we basically refused to order from the kids menu growing up. While my cousins ordered plain spaghetti or more likely a side of mashed potatoes, my parents watched in shock as we ordered seafood or steak, and I always ordered their shrimp scampi. It was buttery and garlicky and delicious.
So when I wanted to recreate a lower calorie and lower carb version at home, I used that dish as inspiration. It had to have butter, lots of shrimp, lots of garlic, and some Parmesan to finish things off. I used zucchini noodles since they pair well with the flavors and add great color but spaghetti squash would work as well.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U zucchini
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1.33 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 U lemon
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Using a spiralizer, peeler, or knife, cut the zucchini into noodles.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes until shrimp is just pink
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice. Once simmering, add the zucchini noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.