Healthy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli that is garlicky, cheesy, ready in under 30 minutes, and still healthy!
When it comes to Valentine's Day, I am strictly a stay at home kind of girl these days. I used to love going out but now I would much rather stay in, cook a yummy dinner, and save my night out for one that isn't full of expensive prix fixe menus and crowds. Ugh - I am sooooo old. On a side note, I am all about the Valentine's Day brunch, especially if its on a weekday.
This year I have been brainstorming dinner ideas and I keep coming back to this simple Garlic Parmesan Shrimp and Broccoli dish. It has so much flavor from the garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon and since it is ready in under 30 minutes, you don't have to slave away at the stove for hours. Plus it feels like a special meal, especially with a warm bowl of polenta or pasta. I also love using this recipe (minus the broccoli) as an appetizer. The Garlic Parmesan Shrimp are so yummy and make a great alternative to shrimp cocktail.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 U cloves minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp dried basil, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1.33 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 U lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the broccoli with half the olive oil, half the garlic, half the Parmesan, half the basil, and half the red pepper flakes. Lay flat on a baking sheet, covered with foil and sprayed with cooking spray for easier clean up. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the remaining oil, garlic, Parmesan, basil, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and shake. Carefully add the shrimp and return to the oven. Cook for 6-9 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and opaque.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over top and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.