Baked Ziti Bolognese
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. high fiber pasta
- 3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 3 U garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 U sprig fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 U zucchini, diced
- 36 oz canned Italian crushed tomatoes (you could get away with just 28 oz but I like mine moist)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz fresh mozzerella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
First, you need to make your bolognese sauce. Spray a large saute pan with cooking spray and brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Then add in the onion and garlic and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes, zucchini, basil, fresh thyme sprig, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for ten minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.