Three Ingredient Banana and Egg Pancakes come together in less than 10 minutes with three simple ingredients - eggs, bananas, and regular or paleo flour. They are delicious, good for you, and a recipe you will make again and again.
These healthy Banana and Egg Pancakes are a staple in our house. I make them almost every week and love that I can quickly choose to make them Paleo with coconut flour or go more traditional with whole wheat or all-purpose flour. They are quick, easy, and super tasty. One of our favorites along with these Flaxseed Meal Pancakes.
When I wake up feeling tired, grouchy, or unmotivated, I like to start my day off with a meal that is likely to improve my mood. And for me, pancakes almost always do the trick. There is something about the process of making them and then sitting down to smother them in fruit, syrup, or melted nut butter.
However, since there isn't always time for a complex pancake recipe, these three ingredient banana pancakes can be the perfect solution. Made with just bananas, eggs, and your choice of flour you can make them from start to finish in under 10 minutes. I like to top mine with melted almond butter and fresh blueberries.
Recipe Tips, Ideas, and a Paleo Option
- If you are Paleo or gluten free, these pancakes can be made with coconut flour or almond flour. A store bought Paleo flour, like this one, will also work.
- Although I call these three ingredient pancakes, I usually add some cinnamon and vanilla extract to my pancakes as well. It adds a nice flavor to the pancakes.
- To up the protein in the pancakes, add some nut butter to the batter. You can also mix in some sliced almonds.
- These pancakes come out relatively thin so I don't like to add fruit to the actual batter. Instead, serve it on top of the pancakes.
- If you don't like banana, these pancakes can also be made with canned pumpkin or butternut squash.
- These pancakes can be made with oatmeal as well. I like to use oat flour for a smoother texture, but whole oats or quick oats will work as well. If you are making a large batch, you can mix the batter right in the blender for a smoother option.
Can I Make Two Ingredient Pancakes?
This recipe can easily be adapted to just have two ingredients - banana and egg only. First, mash the banana in a bowl and then stir in the egg. Then cook in a skillet over medium high heat, flipping after about 3 minutes when the batter is no longer runny. These pancakes will come out much thinner since there is no flour. They are almost crepe like. Many people love this option for gluten-free pancakes and for softer pancakes for babies.
Can I freeze banana egg pancakes?
Banana pancakes freeze well and will last in the freezer for 3-4 months if stored in an airtight container. For the best results, let the pancakes cool completely after they are cooked. Then place them parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours. These freezes the moisture from the outside of the pancakes. Then you can add them to a freezer friendly storage bag and they won't stick together. To reheat, pop in the microwave, toaster, or saute pan and cook until heated through.
Please note, two ingredient pancakes do not freeze as well in my opinion and sometimes come out a little rubbery when reheated.
How long will these last in the fridge?
Banana and egg pancakes will last 4-5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. They come out best when reheated in a skillet but can also be reheated in the microwave or a toaster oven.
What kind of flour works in this recipe?
This banana pancake recipe works with almost any type of flour. I have made it with regular all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, almond flour, gluten free flour, coconut flour, and chickpea flour. With the eggs and banana, it is super versatile and works to fit most diets and needs.
Looking for more healthy pancake recipes?
- Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- Protein Packed Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Flaxseed Meal Pancakes
- Spinach Protein Pancakes
- Lemon Blueberry Chia Seed Pancakes
This post originally appeared in 2013 but has been updated with new photos and additional recipes tips and tricks.
Three Ingredient Banana and Egg Pancakes
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour (or coconut)
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.