Simple 2-3 ingredient banana pancakes are one of my favorite go-to breakfasts. They are easy, low calorie, and after a little practice can be made in just a couple of minutes. However on days when I have a big workout planned or just wake up feeling hungry, I like to add a little flaxseed meal to my banana pancakes to up the fiber and protein. This keeps me feeling full longer and increases the nutritional punch. You could also use almond flour instead and since they freeze great, it’s not a bad idea to whip up a bunch on Sunday and keep them around all week for breakfast.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Banana Flax Pancakes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon/nutmeg.
- Stir in the flaxseed meal.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Pour in batter and once it begins to bubble and firm up on the edges, flip and cook on the other side for around 1 minute.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.