Shrimp Burgers made in the food processor with cilantro, garlic, and paprika are simple to make and couldn't be more delicious. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
These tasty Shrimp Burgers are easy to make, full of flavor. and will quickly become one of your favorite burgers. Ready in less than 15 minutes. Serve them with some Crispy Turnip Fries or Baked Potato Chips for a delicious and healthy meal.
Who doesn’t love a good burger? It's one of my family's favorite meals but sometimes I want something different than traditional beef or turkey burger. Enter this incredible shrimp burger. It's light, healthy, and one of my favorite things to make for a barbecue since it's such an unexpected option.
If you have never made a shrimp burger, it's actually the perfect protein for burgers. The shrimp itself is slightly gelatinous, meaning you don't need to worry about it falling apart. It also cooks quickly and stays nice and moist. Plus you get all that delicious shrimp flavor. So good.
The key to making a really great shrimp burger all comes down to texture. You want to make sure your burger has some nice big pieces of shrimp but also ensure it stays together and stays moist. The way to do that is by using both roughly chopped shrimp and shrimp that you has taken a trip in the food processor. This guarantees the perfect texture and makes sure you have some nice big chunks of shrimp.
One other thing I love about this recipe is that it stretches the ingredient since shrimp can be expensive. While most people in my family could easily eat a pound of shrimp alone, I can get four generous burgers from just one pound of shrimp.
Ways to serve shrimp burgers
- Classic burgers: My favorite way to serve this is as a classic burger. Usually, I reach for a whole wheat burger bun or English muffin and add lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado. If I am craving something spicy, I also add some pickled jalapenos or a spicy spread like harissa or Sriracha. My family also likes it with a thin layer of mayo or tartar sauce.
- Lettuce Wraps: For a healthier option, these are fantastic wrapped up in some butter lettuce leaves. You could also use a portobello mushroom bun.
- Salads: I love anything crunchy on my salads so these crispy shrimp options are a great option. I love them with a coleslaw style salad like this Asian Kale and Apple Slaw.
- Tacos: If you end up with some leftover shrimp burgers, they make an excellent taco. Just chop them up and add some avocado, cabbage slaw, and salsa. It's a yummy take on a fish taco.
- Side dishes: Looking for side dish inspiration? We love serving these burgers with coleslaw, corn on the cob, baked fries, potato salad, or a nice green salad.
Can I use frozen shrimp for shrimp burgers?
Absolutely! In fact, pretty much all shrimp that you find in supermarkets is previously frozen. Even if it isn't frozen when you purchase it, chances are it was defrosted in the supermarket for convenience.
If your shrimp is frozen, simply place it in a bowl of cold water for about 15 minutes, swapping out the water once while it defrosts. You can also defrost it overnight in your fridge.
How to make low carb and gluten free shrimp burgers?
If you want to make these low carb, simply leave out the breadcrumbs. As long as you have processed the shrimp into a paste, the shrimp burgers will hold together without any breadcrumbs. You could also use some almond flour if for any reason they aren't holding together.
Recipe Tips for Making Shrimp Burgers
- Make it spicy: If you want a spicy shrimp burger, add some extra cayenne pepper or chili powder to the mix. You can also add a chipotle pepper to the food processor to really kick up the spice and smokiness of this burger.
- Use Old Bay: Old Bay is one of my favorite seasonings for burgers and this shrimp burger is no different. Instead of using the spices in the recipes, just substitute 1-2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning. You could also make an Old Bay mayonnaise by combining light mayonnaise and Old Bay seasoning to add on top.
- Try Cajun seasoning: Another seasoning option for a little spice and smokiness is Cajun seasoning. Simply substitute it for the spices already included in the recipe.
- Add lemon: If you love the combination of shrimp and lemon, add some fresh lemon zest to the burgers. You can also squeeze in some lemon juice.
How to make grilled shrimp burgers?
If you prefer to make these burgers on the grill, it is extremely important that you use a piece of foil to ensure they don't stick to the grill and fall apart. Simply spray a piece of foil with cooking spray and cook the shimrp burgers right on the foil. They will take about the same amount of time, 3-4 minutes per side.
Crispy Shrimp Burgers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 U garlic cloves
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 U egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.