These Creamy Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Chicken are just so good. The pesto is bright and full of the fresh flavors or basil, lemon, garlic, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese. Then this is tossed with zucchini noodles, garlicky chicken breast, and cream cheese to make a rich creamy "pasta" dish that you will never believe is less than 400 calories.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Creamy Pesto Zoodles with Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 U onion, minced
- 1.33 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 U zucchinis (or more if small)
- 4 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a food processor, pulse together the first nine ingredients for the pesto. Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, make the zucchini noodles.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat add the butter and let it melt. Spray some additional cooking spray and add the onions. Cook for 3-5 minutes until they begin to soften up.
- Add the garlic and chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add the zucchini. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and zucchini is cooked to your liking – about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta, pesto, cream cheese, and water to the pan. Stir together everything and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.