A few weeks back I shared a vegan recipe for cheesy corn dip and since then many of you have reached out wondering if you can make a non-vegan version. The good news is that you absolutely can and it's seriously delicious. I made it a few weeks ago to watch football with my cousins and we were literally eating it with a spoon at the stove and shoveling it on to chips, veggies, grilled chicken, pretty much anything that we could dip into the bowl.
The key players in this recipe are cheddar cheese, corn, rotel tomatoes (or any diced tomatoes with green chilies), garlic, and a jalapeno. I mean with those ingredients, there really isn't anyway it could be bad, right? The good news is that this dip is surprisingly diet friendly with around 100 calories per 1/4 cup but tastes indulgent, cheesy, and delicious.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Spicy Cheddar Corn Dip
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or butter)
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 14 oz. canned corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil (butter) over medium heat. Once hot add the garlic and jalapenos. Cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the flour and whisk until light brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the almond milk, whisking as you add it. Continue to whisk and cook for 4-5 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the cheese, one half cup at a time. Once fully melted add more cheese until you have added it all.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, corn, green onions, and cumin. Taste and season with salt.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.