This Healthy Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad will quickly become your favorite lunch time meal and with about 200 calories per serving, it's so much better for you than traditional mayo heavy chicken salad.
So I have a friend who is completely obsessed with this cranberry almond chicken salad that she buys in Costco religiously. She eats it almost daily for lunch and she has served it at every party she has ever had. The only problem is that her chicken salad habit is actually pretty expensive and since she is trying to make more food at home, we set out one weekend to recreate her favorite chicken salad. After a few attempts, we came up with a version we actually like more than the version she usually bought. With cooked chicken breast, dried cranberries, celery, sliced almonds, and a simple yogurt based dressing - it's really delicious. She likes it with a bit of honey to sweeten it up (although I prefer it without) and she sometimes switches out the cranberries for sliced red grapes. Yum.
Healthy Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. low fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. honey (leave out for low carb)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.