Red Chicken Pozole
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 U dried guajillo chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 2 U dried ancho chile peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cup cilantro
- 26 U garlic cloves (seriously!)
- 1 U onion, quartered
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 45 oz canned hominy
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups boiling water
- Get IngredientsNEW!
Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooking, toast the dried chiles in a saute pan on the stove for 30 second per side over medium heat. They should become fragrant but not burn. It will likely take 3-4 batches to toast all the chiles. Once they are toasted, place them in a large bowl and cover with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.