Sunday Slow Cooker: Black Bean Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 lb dry black beans
- 1 U onion, diced
- 8 U garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (vegan for vegetarian)
- 1 tbsp ancho chile powder
- 6 cup boiling vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
Add everything to the crokpot and stir together.
Cook for 8 hours.
At this point you have a few options. You can leave it as is, blend all of it for a smooth soup, or blend half of it for a creamier soup that still has some texture.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.