I was basically drooling when I originally saw this recipe on Serious Eats. Between my love of pulled pork and my love of chorizo, I knew I would absolutely love this recipe. However I also knew I needed to lighten it up a bit since pork shoulder tends to be a much fattier and higher calorie cut. To make it a little more diet friendly, I decided to use a lean pork tenderloin and substitute in chicken broth for the beer. It worked perfectly and I am in love with the resulting dish. It's perfect for sandwiches and tacos.
Also I served it with this spicy cabbage and corn slaw.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Slow Cooker Chorizo Spiced Pulled Pork
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder (up to 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 2 lb. lean pork tenderloin
- 1 U onion, diced
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Mix together all the spices and rub over the pork.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Cover with onions and then add the chicken broth and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low until it easily shreds with a fork.
- For crispy pork, place it under the broiler after cooking for 3-5 minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.