Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken Barbacoa
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lb boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 3 oz chipotles in adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 4 U whole garlic cloves
- 1 cup onion, quartered
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the crockpot along with the onion and whole garlic cloves.
Stir together the the chipotles in adobo sauce (leave chipotles whole), cumin, oregano, and chicken broth. Add to the crockpot and stir together.
and chicken broth. Add to the crockpot and stir together. Cook on high for 4 hours. When ready, remove the onions, garlic, and whole chipotle peppers. Shred using two forks.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.