Portobello Mushroom Buns are the perfect way to hold your sandwich or burger fillings on a Whole30, Paleo, or Low Carb diet.
Portobello Mushroom Buns are my favorite low carb/Whole30 option when it comes to sandwiches and burgers. Their meaty texture ensure they won't fall to pieces and since I find their mild, earthy flavors tastes good with almost anything.
These buns have been a life saver over the past month. Embarking on a Whole30 for the first time quickly left me craving my favorite burgers and sandwiches. Let's be real, I was craving bread, but I figured if I could at least have a sandwich then maybe I could quell the beast. Looking at Whole30 "bread" options, people go in a few directions. Sweet potato, collard greens, lettuce, and mushrooms seem to be the most popular. People also use cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, roasted red peppers, and zucchini. That's a lot of options but mushrooms immediately jumped out at me since I love them. The idea of a grilled or roasted mushroom cradling my sandwich filling sounded dreamy.
And it was! I have since used them for burgers, BLTS, egg sando's, and basically any kind of sandwich you can think of that is Whole30 approved. Yum.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Portobello Mushroom Buns
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Remove the gills from the mushroom.
- Brush the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add any other seasoning or fresh herbs as well.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes until mushroom are tender.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.