Three ingredient ranch burgers made with ground beef, ranch seasoning, and green onions. These have so much flavor and will be the hit of any meal! Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
These easy ranch burgers made with just three ingredients are one of the best recipes to make on a busy night. Who doesn't love a delicious burger packed with all that delicious herby ranch flavor! They are just so good.
This recipe is beyond easy, almost embarrassingly easy, but it was too good not to share. A friend actually made them at a party I went to last summer, and I begged her to tell me how she made such tasty burgers. Her secret? A packet of ranch seasoning. I couldn't believe that's all it was. Seriously, these burgers are delicious.
Now you can easily make your ranch seasoning (recipe below), which is healthier, but a store packet works as well. Look for one that doesn't have too much sodium and is as natural as possible. Then just toss in some green onions, divide into patties, and you are ready to grill. I like to serve mine up in lettuce wraps with sliced avocado, crumbled blue cheese, and some buffalo wing sauce drizzled on top.
A few more important things to remember about these ranch burgers. They can be made out on the grill during warmer months or in a pan when its cold out. These can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. You can also make the patties in advance and freeze them. Just place some parchment in between the patties so they don't stick.
Also since I know the question will come up, these are also delicious with ground turkey for a lower calorie and point option.
How to make ranch seasoning?
It is incredibly easy to make ranch seasoning at home using spices you probably already have in your pantry. The only ingredient that you may not have is buttermilk powder. This is found in the baking aisle and is basically powdered buttermilk. It's great to add a buttermilk flavor to dishes without actually needing real buttermilk. I use it in dressing, pancakes, baked goods, and more.
- 1/4 cup buttermilk powder (optional, leave this out if you can’t find it)
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1.5 tsp dried chives
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
This homemade ranch seasoning will last in the spice cabinet for about 3 months.
Can I make these with ground turkey?
Absolutely! This recipe works great with ground turkey, ground chicken, or vegetarian "ground meat" products. Just simply replace the ground protein you would like to use for the beef. You can also use a combination of two proteins if you like.
Topping Ideas for Ranch Burgers
One of the best things about a burger is the toppings. Many times I like to top this burger with classics like melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onions but it's also really fun to get creative. Here are some ideas:
- Double up on the ranch flavor by adding some ranch dressing on top instead of a classic condiment like ketchup or mustard.
- Grilled onions or grilled mushrooms are some of the most delicious toppings for any burger in my opinion.
- If you love the combination of ranch and buffalo as much as I do, you will definitely want to add some buffalo sauce right on top of these burgers.
- Make these light and refreshing with adding salad inspired toppings like butter lettuce, thinly sliced cucumbers, fresh garden tomatoes, and sprouts.
- For a lower calorie and lower carb option, wrap these in lettuce or serve them on some grilled portobello mushrooms.
What to serve with burgers?
From traditional options like fries to grilled vegetables and salads, there is almost no wrong answer when it comes to what to serve with these ranch burgers. Here are some favorites:
- When it comes to fries, I like to make something untraditional like these easy crispy turnip fries or carrot fries.
- If I am making these burgers on the grill, it's easiest just to make the side dish there as well. Consider some grilled corn or grilled green beans.
- For something light and refreshing, consider this Grilled Watermelon Salad or a Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad.
- For a really simple option, just make a big green salad and slice up some watermelon. You can also just serve them with some crunchy raw veggies and ranch dressing for dipping.
Looking for more burger recipes?
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.