Easy Ground Chicken Burgers burgers are made with lean ground chicken, Greek yogurt, ranch seasoning, lemon juice, and Panko breadcrumbs. They’re juicy, delicious, and beyond easy to make. Add to a bun and load them up with your favorite toppings!
These tasty chicken burgers are anything but boring! This simple 5 ingredient burger recipe is bursting with flavor and will quickly become a staple for easy weeknight meals.
If you’ve been following along with me for a while, then you know I love whipping up a good burger. Through tons of trial and error, I’ve picked up quite a few tricks on how to make the best burger. When it comes to working with lean meats like chicken and turkey, the key is adding some moisture to prevent the burgers from becoming dry.
These easy ground chicken burgers are made with just a few simple ingredients: ground chicken, Greek yogurt, Panko breadcrumbs, ranch seasoning, lemon juice, and lemon zest. All you have to do is form your patties, grill, or pan-fry the burgers for a few minutes on each side, and just like that, you have perfection.
Serve these burgers with a hamburger bun and the toppings of your choice. Some of my favorites include lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and fresh avocado. For a low-carb option, you can also skip the bun and serve the burgers in lettuce wraps instead. Then make some homemade zucchini fries, potato wedges, or baked onion rings on the side.
Whether you’re serving them up for your next family dinner, game day party, or backyard barbecue, these juicy and flavorful chicken burgers are bound to be a hit! Burgers lovers shouldn't miss these Fish Burgers, Greek Turkey Burgers, or Black Bean Burgers.
To make these easy ground chicken burgers, you’ll need the following key ingredients:
- Ground chicken: If you don’t have ground chicken or want to try something else, feel free to swap it out for ground turkey, ground pork, or ground beef.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are essential for holding the burger mixture together and keeping the burgers light, airy, and juicy. I prefer to use Panko breadcrumbs, but regular breadcrumbs or gluten-free breadcrumbs work well too.
- Greek yogurt: This is my secret weapon for achieving extra moist and flavorful burgers. Greek yogurt also adds an extra dose of protein! You could swap in an egg, plain yogurt, or mayo, but the texture will be slightly different.
- Ranch seasoning: You can use a store-bought blend, but I prefer using this homemade ranch seasoning recipe. It tastes just as good and doesn’t contain the unnecessary additives often found in store-bought spice blends.
Chicken Burger Tips & Tricks
Here are some of my top tips and tricks to help you get juicy and flavorful burgers every time:
- Play around with flavors. Feel free to switch up the seasonings based on what you’re in the mood for. You can go the Mediterranean route by adding some oregano and fresh parsley or dill. You could also keep it simple with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Make things spicy with some taco seasoning. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
- Change up your protein. If you don’t have any ground chicken or simply want to switch things up, feel free to swap it out for something else. Ground turkey and beef both make great options.
- Chill the patties. If you have the time, I recommend refrigerating the patties for 20-30 minutes before cooking them. This helps give the flavors time to marinate, creating an extra flavorful final dish.
- Add cheese. To get even more flavor in each bite, try adding some grated cheese to the mixture. Parmesan, cheddar, and feta all work great.
- Avoid overcooking the patties. It’s not hard to overcook ground chicken and end up with dry, rubbery patties. To prevent this, cook them at medium high heat evenly for 4-5 minutes per side for the perfect patty. The juices should run clear to ensure the patty is fully cooked.
Burger Topping Ideas
Serving this burger with some lettuce, tomato, and red onions has to be one of my combinations. This classic combo really lets the flavors of the burger shine through. But why stop there? There are plenty of out-of-the-box combinations that you can try out.
Here are some of my favorite burger topping ideas:
- Jalapeno slices
- Fresh avocado
- Sliced cheese
- Mayonnaise or ketchup
- Hot sauce
- Pickled red onions
- Fried egg
- Honey mustard
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Caramelized onions
- Thousand Island dressing
How to Store Burgers
Whether you end up with some extra patties or just want to meal prep for the week ahead of time, this recipe is a fantastic choice. All you need to do is cook the burgers, let them cool, and then lay them in a single layer in an airtight storage bag or container.
If you choose to freeze your burgers, I recommend wrapping them individually in saran wrap or separating them with parchment paper first. This allows you to easily pull one at a time out as needed.
When you’re ready, you can store cooked chicken burgers in one of two ways:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- In the freezer for up to 3-4 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about making chicken burgers.
If you find your burgers falling apart, try adding an egg or some extra bread crumbs. You could also try chilling the burgers in the freezer for 10-15 minutes before cooking them, which should help them stay together during the cooking process.
Ground chicken is incredibly lean, so it doesn’t contain much fat to keep it juicy. To bring in that missing moisture, I’ve used a combination of breadcrumbs and Greek yogurt. If you aren’t a fan of yogurt, you could swap it out for an egg or milk.
To thaw your burgers, all you have to do is transfer them to the fridge and let them thaw for 24-48 hours. If you’re low on time, you can thaw them in a bowl of cool water for around 30 minutes. Just make sure the burgers are sealed in a plastic bag to avoid placing them directly in the water.
Easy Ground Chicken Burgers
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.