These Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites make the perfect healthy treat! Packed with fiber and protein, these delicious energy bites are a nutrient rich snack or dessert.
Wholesome, creamy, and packed with flavor, get ready to fall in love with these delicious Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites. This guilt-free healthy treat is gluten-free, oil-free, dairy-free, and free of artificial sugars. Craving more chocolate? Try these No Bake Date Brownie Bites.
These Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites are incredibly easy to make and come together in under 10 minutes. With zero cooking required and limited kitchen tools needed, you won’t have to worry about making a mess of your kitchen.
If you’re looking for a snack that tastes like a guilty pleasure without actually requiring any guilt, look no further. Not only are they beyond tasty, but they’re wholesome too. Depending on the chocolate chips you use, this recipe can also be made dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites make the perfect dish whether you’re in need of a protein-packed post-workout snack or are looking for a treat to bring to your next dinner party, baby shower, or family gathering. These healthy bite-sized treats are guaranteed crowd-pleasers, but watch out—they go fast!
Key Ingredients for Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
This delicious recipe is made with just 8 simple ingredients. Some of the key ingredients you will need include:
- Chickpeas: High in protein and mild in flavor, chickpeas are extremely versatile and blend into a creamy texture that makes the perfect base for this recipe.
- Peanut butter: This makes our cookie dough bites extra creamy and adds a ton of beneficial nutrients and healthy fats.
- Maple syrup: This is a natural sweetener that adds just the right amount of sweetness to the dish.
- Chocolate chips: What cookie dough recipe would be complete without chocolate chips? Need I say more?
- Vanilla extract: This balances out all the other flavors in the dish and ties it all together.
Note: For a full ingredient list and detailed instructions on how to make the dish, keep scrolling!
How to Make Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
This healthy snack recipe comes together in just 3 easy steps:
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Use a paper towel to dry them and discard any skins that naturally fall off.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cinnamon, and chia seeds to a food processor, then blend until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 1” balls, then serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love These Energy Bites
In case you arne't convinced yet, here are even more reasons to fall in love with these tasty energy bites.
- No cooking required
- Rich and indulgent
- Loaded with delicious flavors
- Comes together in under 10 minutes
- Short list of wholesome ingredients
- Packed with fiber and protein
Tips and Substitutions
- Lightly wet your hands before rolling your mixture into balls
- You can swap out the maple syrup for honey if you don’t have maple syrup on hand or prefer the taste of honey.
- To make this recipe vegan-friendly, use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- If you like your sweets with a bit of salt, add a touch of flaky sea salt to the tops of the Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites just before serving.
What to Serve with Chickpea Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
These tasty treats are delicious on their own, but I love serving them alongside a cold glass of almond milk. You can use regular milk or another one of your favorite dairy-free milk like cashew milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
If you’re a major chocolate lover and find that the addition of chocolate chips just isn’t enough, you can also drizzle some melted chocolate over the tops of your Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites and then set them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool before serving.
How to Store
When I make these Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites, they tend to go so quickly that I don’t often wind up with leftovers. However, if you make a large batch and want to store them to snack on later, you definitely can! To store your Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites, you can transfer them to an airtight bag or container and store them in the fridge for up to 4 days. If you want them to last even longer, they can be stored in an airtight bag or container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
Do you need to remove chickpea skins before blending?
While some people prefer stripping the chickpeas of their skins to achieve a creamier texture, it’s not necessary for this recipe. The combination of blended chickpeas and peanut butter is plenty creamy without the added 20 minutes of shelling, trust me!
Can you freeze these Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites?
Yes! To freeze this dish, lay out the bites on a plate or baking sheet and place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Then, transfer them to an airtight bag or container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Do they taste like chickpeas?
No! Chickpeas are so versatile and mild in flavor that, when combined with the rest of our ingredients, they really taste like cookie dough. The strong and sweet flavors of peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips mask the flavor of the chickpeas so you don’t taste any hint of legumes.
Are chickpeas good for you?
Very! Chickpeas are loaded with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and folate. They’re also excellent sources of protein and fiber, so they’ll keep you feeling full and satisfied long after they’re gone.
How can I make these lower calorie?
There are a few different ways to lessen the calories in this recipe and it depends on your needs. For a sugar free version, you can replace the maple syrup with a no-calorie sweetener like stevia or monkfruit. Liquid versions are best since they add some moisture to the recipe. Make sure to check the label since it isn't always a one-to-one replacement. A sugar free syrup like the ones used in coffee can work as well.
For a lower calorie and fat version, you can replace the peanut butter with PB2 or another powdered peanut butter option. Mix it with water first and then add the same amount to the recipe as you would peanut butter.
Can these be made with other beans?
These cookie dough bites can also be made with cannellini beans, white beans, or black beans. The texture will be slightly softer.
Can these be made allergen-free?
Make these with any type of nut butter including almond, cashew, or mixed nut butter. If you are allergic to all nuts, these can be made with sunflower butter.
More Healthy Snack Recipes:
Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
- Get in your Inbox
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or PB2 mixed with water)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
Switch to prevent your screen from going dark.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.