These No Bake Date Brownie Bites have just six ingredients and are a sweet treat that's actually good for you. Naturally sweetened with Medjool dates, these are a delicious treat that's packed with energy. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
With all the rich flavors you love and none of the artificial ingredients you don’t, these Date Brownie Bites are about to become your new favorite snack. Loaded with nutrient-rich ingredients like Medjool dates, almonds, and cashews, these no-bake bite-sized treats are as wholesome as they are delicious.
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love no-bake dessert recipes like this one. They bring me right back to my childhood when I would make brownies in the kitchen with my family. Back then, it felt like the most challenging part of my job was holding back from devouring the batter before we could get it into the pan.
Fast forward to adulthood and I now have enough restraint to wait for my brownies to bake, but it’s so much fun to make a recipe that doesn’t require you to wait! Something about taking that batter, rolling it up into bite-sized balls, and eating it raw makes my inner child giddy with excitement. Don’t worry, you’ll see for yourself soon enough.
Not only does this recipe appease my inner child, but it’s perfect for the days when you want a delicious treat, but don’t necessarily have the time or energy to spend an hour in the kitchen baking. Did I mention it’s made with ingredients that are packed with beneficial nutrients? Your family won’t even realize that what you’re feeding them is actually healthy, it’s the ultimate dupe!
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack to treat your kids (or yourself!) with, a dessert to bring to your next dinner party, or the perfect gift for a chocolate-loving friend, these Date Brownie Bites do not disappoint.
Key Ingredients for Date Brownie Bites
These delicious bites come together with just 7 ingredients. The key ingredients for this recipe include:
- Medjool dates: These are the stars of the show and act as a natural sweetener in our brownie bites.
- Almonds: When blended with our other ingredients, the almonds act as a flour and bring everything together with a nutty flavor.
- Cashews: These add a ton of fiber and beneficial minerals like magnesium and manganese to the brownie bites.
- Cocoa powder: This is what gives the dish its delicious, chocolate flavor and rich color.
- Chocolate chips: The final touch! These make our brownie bites extra chocolatey and flavorful.
Note: For a full ingredient list and detailed instructions on how to make this recipe, keep scrolling down!
Health Benefits of Medjool Dates
In recent years, we have seen Medjool dates popping up in healthy dessert recipes all over the internet. They’ve taken the health food world by storm, and for good reason. Dates are a natural sweetener and add a ton of rich flavor to any recipe. Not to mention, they have a ton of proven health benefits. According to Healthline, these are some of the top health benefits of dates:
- High in fiber to support your digestive health and keep you feeling satisfied
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals like B vitamins, Vitamin K, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and manganese
- Packed with antioxidants that protect the body from inflammation and disease
- Support heart health and help to regulate your blood sugar levels
- Promote brain health by combating oxidative stress in the brain and protecting against Alzheimer’s disease
Serving and Substitutions
- To make this dish vegan-friendly, use your favorite vegan chocolate chips in place of regular chocolate chips
- You can dress these bites up in a variety of ways by rolling them in shredded coconut, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, or chopped nuts
- If you prefer a saltier finish, you can add flaky sea salt to the tops of your bites just before serving
- If you can’t use cashews for any reason, you can substitute them for more almonds or hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, or sunflower seeds
- Serve this recipe alongside a cup of hot coffee or your favorite dairy-free milk like almond milk, cashew milk, or soy milk
How to Store
My family tends to scarf these down pretty quickly, but if you wind up with leftovers or are prepping the brownie bites in batches to save some for later, you can store them two ways:
- In the fridge in an airtight bag or container for up to 2 weeks
- In the freezer in an airtight bag or container for up to 2 months
Regardless of how you decide to store this dish, I would recommend bringing them to room temperature before you eat them to enjoy the best possible texture.
Frequently Asked Questions About Date Brownie Bites
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! This recipe doesn’t use any flour and is naturally gluten-free. It’s also artificial sugar-free, oil-free, grain-free, and can be dairy-free, depending on the type of chocolate chips you use.
What do dates taste like?
Dates have a similar flavor profile to figs. They’re sweet, delicious, and sticky. Because they are naturally so high in sugar, they’re commonly used as a natural sweetener in dessert recipes like this one.
Are dates healthy?
Very! As discussed earlier in this blog post, dates have a ton of incredible health benefits thanks to their abundance of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
What other nut options can you use?
While I have found the best success with the combination of almonds and cashews in this recipe, you can use the nuts of your choice. I would recommend keeping the almonds, but you could sub out the cashews for macadamia nuts, walnuts, or even sunflower seeds, as they have a similar texture when blended.
Do you need a food processor for this recipe?
While a food processor is preferred as it’s the best method of blending up all of the ingredients, you could also use a traditional blender or an immersion blender if you don’t have a food processor.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Raspberry Cheesecake Popsicles
- Brownie Batter Chocolate Hummus
- Meyer Lemon Blueberry Bars with Oatmeal Crust
- Chocolate Almond Cookies
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
No Bake Date Brownie Bites
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup dates (Medjool, pitted)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.