videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal with Cream Cheese Glaze
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. skim milk
- 2 U eggs
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together the oats, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt.
- Whisk together the milk, butter, and eggs. Add to the oat mixture. Stir to combine and then fold in the carrots. You could add pineapple chunks, walnuts, and/or raisins here if you like as well.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the glaze by beating together the cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Drizzle/spread glaze on top and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.