Sunday Slow Cooker: Turkey Picadillo
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U onion, diced
- 1.5 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 U carrots, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 U jalapenos, whole
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 18 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 U bay leaf
- 1 U Black pepper
Brown the turkey and onion in a skillet until no longer pink. In the last 1 minute of cooking, add the garlic.
Meanwhile, blend together the tomato sauce and chipotles, adding the peppers one at a time until it reaches your desired spice level.
Add the turkey, remaining ingredients, and tomato sauce to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.